The New Cybernetics Poster Design System is an application that automatically generates poster designs based on positive and negative feedback loop algorithms. In a New Cybernetics sense the generated posters advertise the group exhibition of the course but is also part of it.
The compositional elements of a generated poster is text, form and color. The algorithm defines the parameters of the compositional elements:
● The font size of the text
● The shape and the size of the form (circle, square, triangle)
● The color of the elements.
There is a rule for every compositional element:
● The text should not overlap which each other
● The forms should all have different shapes
● The color composition of the poster should be complementary
If one of these rules applies a poster gets generated:
Special thanks to Ralf Baecker and Markus Walthert